Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Big Ships and Briliant Houses

I may be showing my ignorance here, but I'd never actually heard of Antoni Gaudi until I got to Barcelona... I've been missing out! He designed some of the coolest buildings I've ever seen along with a church (The Sacrada Familia) that he worked on for 45 years designing and will still take another 25 years to finish building.

The Picasso museum was pretty cool too. I really like Barcelona, its lovely and warm and it has a great vibe, full of energy and enthusiasm. Las Ramblas is the main drag and is an icon in itself, loaded with human statues, capoeria demonstrations, pet/flower stalls, magicians, cafes... its a pretty cool pedestrian area and its nice to sit and watch people enjoying the company of others.

I head off to Paris tonight on an overnight train, which will be nice since I got kicked out of bed at 4am... long story and not entirely suitable for small children.

Anyway, hooray for the Maths-ys who are back in Canberra along with the Smovers I assume... hope you guys had a good tour, and farewell to Rich who will no doubt be working in the galleries when I eventually come back, a wise and wizened woman.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

One of us has to be!

The First Vienna Circle said...

And all I can say is better you than me...

Peter said...

Were you sleeping with strange men or women or something else who kicked you out of their bed at 4am? Or did you just want people to think that?

Anonymous said...

My Dad is NUTS for Gaudi - there are books about him ALL OVER the Gowrie house!